WATCH: Here Are The Longest Reigning Football Managers Of All Time

From Alex Ferguson to Arsene Wenger, here are the longest reigning football managers of all time. Did we miss out any

Instagram Photo

From Alex Ferguson to Arsene Wenger, here are the longest reigning football managers of all time. Did we miss out any names? Kindly let us in the comment section below.

READ ALSO: Why Football Is Nigeria’s Unifying Factor: Nobody Cared That Players Who Modelled The New Jerseys Are Igbo

Instagram Photo

The post appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

Man City star pens two-year contract extension

Premier League champions Manchester City have announced that goalkeeper Ederson has put pen to paper on a contract extension with

Premier League champions Manchester City have announced that goalkeeper Ederson has put pen to paper on a contract extension with the club.

Stellar season

24-year-old Brazilian international Ederson, who arrived at the Etihad from Benfica last summer for 40 million Euro, has enjoyed a superb debut campaign in England, having proven himself to be the reliable presence between the posts that the Citizens have so long been crying out for.

The South American has showcased all of the traits required to be considered as a world-class goalkeeper, with his sensational reflexes, ability with the ball at his feet and commanding presence from set-pieces having all been fully on show over the course of his side’s title-clinching season.

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 23: Ederson Moraes of Manchester City during the Premier League match between Manchester City and Crystal Palace at Etihad Stadium on September 23, 2017 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)

Just reward

And, as per an announcement on City’s official website and across the club’s social media channels, Ederson has been awarded for his fantastic first season in Manchester with a contract extension, set to keep the former Sao Paulo youngster tied to the Sky Blues until 2025:

Pablo Maffeo’s agents confirm Man City buyback clause in Stuttgart deal

Were Manchester City’s 100-point side better than Arsenal’s Invincibles?

FG To Boost Power Supply In North East

The federal government has restated its commitment to improving power supply to boost economic activities in the Northeast. Mr Usman Gur,

The federal government has restated its commitment to improving power supply to boost economic activities in the Northeast.

Mr Usman Gur, the Managing Director and Chief Executive of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), said this on Monday at the inauguration of 132/33 KV substation with 1×40 MVA transformer in Mayo-Belwa town, Adamawa.

He said the North/East had been experiencing low voltage in electricity supply, a situation he said the ongoing rehabilitation and extension projects of TCN would address.

“We are going to put 330 KVA transmissions in Jalingo, and this Mayo-Belwa substation will also be upgraded to 330KVA substation.

“The funding for that is already secured and the process for the project has gone a long way.

“The thing is that, we need to strengthen the economic activities of this side, as part of the efforts of government to ensure that the Northeast is secured and poverty reduced.

“And the best way for you to address poverty is to provide electricity,” Gur said.

Lagos Targets Judiciary, Security Reforms To Boost GDP

Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi     The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said that reforms in the judiciary and

Ambode, Lagos state, helipad, health,
Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi

 

 

The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said that reforms in the judiciary and security sector are targeted at boosting the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the state.

He added that it will create a sound pedestal for residents to be productive.

Governor Ambode made this known on Monday, during a biannual lecture of the Lagos State Judiciary.

He said the major reforms in the sectors were already contributing to the growth of the economy, assuring that no effort would be spared in ensuring the success of the various initiatives.

The Governor particularly commended the State’s Chief Judge, Justice Opeyemi Oke and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Adeniji Kazeem, saying he was in firm support of the reforms being championed by the duo in the judicial sector.

“I want to say that I am very proud of the judicial sector reforms going on in the State; we are very proud of the work being done by the Chief Judge and the combination of the efforts being carried out by the Attorney General and Chief Judge is something we need to support.

“It is now very obvious that some major reforms are going on in the judicial sector and we are very proud as the executive arm of government to support the judicial sector reforms which we are also complementing with our security sector reforms.

“In totality, the reforms are aimed at improving the economy of Lagos and grow the GDP and what is going on in the judicial sector is significant and we are very proud of it,” the Governor said.

While lauding the initiative of the lecture which was intended to engender thought-provoking discussions and provide a platform for stakeholders to assess the performance of the judiciary and as well broaden the frontiers of justice delivery, Governor Ambode called for the lecture to be held annually.

He said it was important for the intellectual conversation around the lecture to be held regularly in order to bring about practical solutions to issues in the sector.

In opening remarks, Justice Oke lauded Governor Ambode for supporting the reforms being implemented in the State Judiciary, describing him as a man of vision who is known for pursuit of excellence and international best standards in every area of his administration.

She said the lecture, which is the first of its kind not only in Lagos but in other jurisdictions, was designed to facilitate closer interaction between the judiciary and the bar both in terms of practice and continuing legal education.

The CJ, who reeled out some of the reforms being implementing including judicial ethics and administration, old cases above 20 years elimination programme, designation of special offences court, sexual offences court, small claims court, child rights law and regulations, prison decongestion effort, among others, said the lecture was one of the initiatives put together to advance justice delivery in the State.

On his part, Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo represented by Special Assistant to the President on Economic Crimes, Mr. Biodun Aikomo, said in view of the strategic role occupied by judicial officers in the country, it was important for them to always be above board and uphold ethical standards.

“Judges must be beyond reproach; they must be above board; they must abide by ethics and standards of the profession and dispense justice without rightly,” he said.

Speaking on the theme: “Judicial Standards, Integrity, Respect and Public Perception: A Comparative Analysis From Independence In 1960 Into The Present Millennium,” the guest speaker at the lecture and Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen admonished judges to refrain from commenting from commenting on matters of public interest through social media blogging sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, among others.

The CJ said judges must also ensure the removal of their personal information online, and as well desist from uploading pictures of their holiday and personal activities on social media.

He said judges “who are desirous of discussing public matters on the social media can only do so without revealing their identity,” adding that the interactive design of the internet blogging sites made it important for judges not to descend into such arena.

Onnoghen, represented by Mr Olabode Rhodes-Vivour, Justice of the Supreme Court, also called for the study of law in the University to be made a second degree in view of the declining standards of education in Nigeria, while lawyers who wanted to be appointed to the bench, in addition to 10 years post call requirement, should also be mandated to have postgraduate diploma in law.

Such reforms, according to the CJN who traced the trajectory of the Nigerian judiciary since 1960, were important factors that can further help to advance justice delivery.

The post appeared first on Channels Television.

52 Palestinians Killed In Gaza Border Clashes

Palestinian demonstrators burn tyres near the Gaza-Israel border, east of Gaza City, as Palestinians readied for protests over the inauguration

Palestinian demonstrators burn tyres near the Gaza-Israel border, east of Gaza City, as Palestinians readied for protests over the inauguration of the US embassy following its controversial move to Jerusalem on May 14, 2018. PHOTO: MAHMUD HAMS / AFP

 

Fifty-two Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire during violent clashes Monday on the Gaza-Israel border coinciding with the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem, the health ministry in the strip announced.

Tens of thousands took part in protests throughout the Gaza Strip, with some confronting Israeli soldiers along the border in the bloodiest day in the conflict since a 2014 war. More than 2,400 were wounded, the ministry said.

The protests ended for the day before sunset but fresh demonstrations are expected Tuesday.

AFP

The post appeared first on Channels Television.

This Is What Former Beauty Queen, Beauty Istinfanus Has To Say On The Increase Of Domestic Violence

Former Miss Ambassador for Peace, Beauty Istifanus, said the issue of domestic violence has continued to be on the increase

Former Miss Ambassador for Peace, Beauty Istifanus, said the issue of domestic violence has continued to be on the increase because more women have refused to submit to their men.

In an interview with the Vanguard newspaper, the former beauty queen says she is unapologetic in her belief that women are inferior to men and that gender equality is impossible.

“Gender equality is not possible in this part of the world because men are superior to women. This is my own opinion and I’m unapologetic about it. The major cause of domestic violence in homes today is the unwillingness of the wife to be submissive to her husband, thereby bringing friction between them. My advice to women is that they should be submissive to their husbands and in return they will be respected” she said.

Speaking further, she spoke about how she hopes to groom young girls to become useful to their families and the entire nation.

Read: Actress Mercy Johnson Okojie Reveals That She Is Planning To Increase Her Family With A Fourth Child

“I have a project on the girl-child education, which will continue to help young girls get back to school and become useful to their families and the nation at large. When a girl is educated she brings glory to her family. I’m using this opportunity to call on the government to ensure that every child is back to school because it will help curb some future vices in our society”, she said.

The post appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.

Icon and Stealth EV are building an electric Derelict Mercury

Subscribe Icon, a company known for its high-quality restomod vehicles, is building another Derelict, this one a 1949 Mercury coupe.

Icon, a company known for its high-quality restomod vehicles, is building another
Derelict, this one a 1949
Mercury coupe. While the fact Icon is building another one of its sleeper hot rods with patina isn't the most shocking, what's under the hood is. The company has teamed up with Stealth
EV to turn this latest Derelict into an
electric car.

The car was shown in the above Twitter post with video. The exterior is just what you'd expect from an Icon Derelict. It's solid but with a weathered finish. And even as the guy from Stealth EV approaches the car, it looks like it has a V8 under the hood. But as he explains, there's actually the two motor controllers and half of a
Tesla battery pack under there. It's just that they've all been given some classy looking metal casings and mounted to look like a V8.

Apparently the motors themselves are in the transmission tunnel. The Stealth EV rep says it uses a pair of AM Racing motors. Depending on which motor controllers the companies are using,
those motors could produce as much as 700 horsepower. Power will go to the rear wheels and no transmission will be used, making it direct drive. It will have a limited-slip differential, and the whole car sits on an Art Morrison chassis with independent suspension.

This actually isn't the first electric Icon, nor the first developed with Stealth EV. Before this, the companies created
a totally awesome electric Volkswagen Thing. That little truck made much less power at 180 horses, but it was also a way smaller and lighter vehicle.

Related Video:

Xiaomi under fire from Coolpad over patent infringements

It appears the “if you can’t beat them, sue them” method is moving to Asia.The Shenzhen-based company Coolpad is suing

It appears the “if you can’t beat them, sue them” method is moving to Asia.The Shenzhen-based company Coolpad is suing Xiaomi for infringing UI patents, including multi-SIM card design.

According to the lawsuit in a Jiangsu province court, the devices copy “basic communication, display and interactive functions of mobile phones that are difficult to circumvent or replace”.

Coolpad’s subsidiary Yulong Computer Telecommunication Scientific demands Xiaomi companies immediately cease manufacturing and sales of the following phones – Mi 6, Mi Max 2, Mi Note 3, Mi 5X, Redmi Note 4X, and Mi Mix 2.

Jiang Chao, Coolpad Group CEO, and Syed Tajuddin, CEO of Coolpad India, were quoted to say the company will pursue its rights in protecting the patents. Xiaomi is yet to issue any response.

Newcastle boss Benitez opens up on Napoli rumours

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez has today spoken out over his future on Tyneside, amid links with Serie A giants

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez has today spoken out over his future on Tyneside, amid links with Serie A giants Napoli.

Experienced campaigner

58-year-old Benitez, who has of course managed the likes of Liverpool, Real Madrid and Chelsea over the course of his storied career, took over at Newcastle in 2016, and has since led the club to promotion to the Premier League and a hugely-impressive 10th-place finish in the English top-flight this season.

However, he has reportedly been left frustrated by the lack of investment in his Magpies’ squad over the last 12 months, with rumours having long-circulated that the Spaniard could opt to depart St. James’ Park in the near future as a result.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND – MAY 13: Rafael Benitez, Manager of Newcastle United looks on prior to the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Chelsea at St. James Park on May 13, 2018 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

Napoli links

Of the clubs touted as a potential destination for Benitez, if he were in fact to decide to move on, Napoli, where the former Valencia boss actually held the managerial reigns between 2013 and 2015, have been named as the most likely destination.

Current Partenopei boss Maurizio Sarri has been heavily linked with Chelsea, meaning the hotseat at the Stadio San Paolo could be set to become vacant in the very near future.

‘Only talking to Newcastle’

While Carlo Ancelotti has emerged as the clear leading contender to replace Sarri in Naples over the last 24 hours, Benitez was nevertheless questioned on whether he could see himself making a return to the club during an interview with CalcioNapoli24 earlier today.

However, the Spanish tactician was keen to put such rumours very much to bed, reaffirming his commitment to Newcastle and revealing that he does not plan to leave England at this moment in time:

‘My future? I’ve heard so much talk, but I haven’t spoken to De Laurentiis: I have a contract with Newcastle, I’m talking to them about my renewal.’

‘They made me some offers to stay here for a few more years, plus I have to manage my family: if I decided to go to Newcastle and stay there, even in the Championship, it’s also because of my family.’

‘My priority is to stay in England. I’m only talking to Newcastle right now.’

Hazard & Azpilicueta hailed by Chelsea fans after Newcastle loss

Newcastle fans buoyed by Kennedy’s Instagram Stories during Chelsea match

Gunmen Attack Nigerian Air Force Helipad In Yenagoa

  A yet-to-be identified gunman has attacked a guard post at the Nigerian Air Force Helipad killing one air-man in

 

A yet-to-be identified gunman has attacked a guard post at the Nigerian Air Force Helipad killing one air-man in the process.      

NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Olatokunbo Adesanya who confirmed this in a statement on Monday said the attack occurred early on Sunday, May 13.

“In the early hours of Sunday, 13 May 2018, a group of unknown gunmen attacked the guard post at Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Helipad at Igbodene in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.

“Although the NAF personnel on duty were able to repel the attack, an airman paid the supreme sacrifice in the process. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has immediately ordered an investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding the incident,” the statement read in part.

The public relations officer of NAF also revealed that an investigation has been launched into the incident.

The post appeared first on Channels Television.