Zlatan Ibrahimovic Rejected $100m China Offer For LA Galaxy

  Zlatan Ibrahimovic Zlatan Ibrahimovic turned down a $100 million offer from China in favour of completing a move to

 

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic turned down a $100 million offer from China in favour of completing a move to the LA Galaxy, according to Sports Illustrated.

The Swedish striker left Manchester United last month and subsequently finalised a long-anticipated move to the MLS side.

Ibrahimovic is expected to earn $3m over the course of his two-year Galaxy deal after rejecting the eye-watering sums being offered in the Chinese Super League.

In other news, Chelsea will need to convince Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois of the club’s long-term ambitions in their attempts to persuade the Belgian duo to sign new contracts.

Hazard’s current deal expires in 2020 and Chelsea are willing to offer the playmaker a pay rise in an effort to ward off long-time suitors Real Madrid.

Courtois, meanwhile, has just a year left on his contract, with Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain both interested in the goalkeeper.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

See Dangerous Weapons Recovered From Notorious Bandits In Kaduna State (Photos)

The weapons recovered from the bandits Troops deployed in Exercise AYEM AKPATUMA while on patrol along Dogon Dawa _ Damari

The weapons recovered from the bandits

Troops deployed in Exercise AYEM AKPATUMA while on patrol along Dogon Dawa _ Damari road in Kaduna State killed two suspected criminals and recovered two AK 47 rifles. Other items recovered include three magazines and 88 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

Also, troops deployed along Rigasa _ Airport road on 2 April 2018 ran into an ambushed by suspected bandits. Two soldiers were wounded in the encounter and are presently receiving treatment.

Similarly, troops successfully repelled an attack by another suspected bandits in Buruku Benue State.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.

Tahank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU

60MVA Transformer Breaks Down Two Days After It Was Commissioned In Kano

Electricity transformer (Photo:NAN) The hope of Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) customers of getting improved power supply in Kano has

Electricity transformer (Photo:NAN)

The hope of Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) customers of getting improved power supply in Kano has been dashed.

This followed the collapse of newly installed 60 MVA transformer at Kofar Dan’agundi transmission station in Kano metropolis.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the transformer serving the area got burnt and was replaced with a new one, which was commissioned on March 23, but worked for only two days before it broke down.

Mr Sani Bala-Sani, the Head, Corporate Communications of KEDCO, however told NAN in Kano on Wednesday, that effort was being intensified by the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to rectify the anomaly.

“The transformer was installed last week. It only worked for two days Tuesday and Wednesday before it developed a problem,’’ he said.

According to him, the company is supplying electricity to the three states under its jurisdiction, Kano, Katsina and Jigawa.

He called on customers, especially those in Central part of Kano metropolis to exercise patience as effort was being made to repair the transformer.

Bala-Sani expressed satisfaction with the improvement in power supply to Kano from the National grid.

“The power supply has improved considerably compared to what was obtained in the past few months. Yesterday (Tuesday) we received 231 megawatts,’’ he said.

He called on customers to ensure prompt payment of their bills to enable the company serve them better.

“One of our challenges is non-payment of bills by customers. We received N3 billion bills from TCN in March but we were able to collect less than N1.8 billion from customers,” he said.

He said the company had taken stringent measures toward improving revenue collection which include installation of pre-paid meters, setting up Task Force as well as engaging community leaders to tackle defaulting customers.

On Kumbotso Transmission Station which was also gutted by fire two years ago, Bala-Sani said the TCN had yet to bring a new transformer from Kaduna for installation at the station.

-NAN

Nollywood Veteran Joke Silva Addresses S*xual Decadence In Nollywood

  Joke Silva Veteran Nigerian actress, Joke Silva, has said that horrific stories of s*x demands are too much in

 

Joke Silva

Veteran Nigerian actress, Joke Silva, has said that horrific stories of s*x demands are too much in Nollywood.

She said this while fielding questions from newsmen yesterday after the launch of ‘Disowned’, a book by Nina Anyianuka about s*xual abuse and harassment, at Terra Kulture in Lagos.

The 56-year-old screen goddess said the pressure on young actresses to offer s*xual favours is very high.

“Unfortunately, the casting couch issue is alive in Nollywood,” she began.

“Sometimes there is this hunger to get the work. Maybe you’ve gone to several auditions and you haven’t gotten the work, then somebody tells you that it is because you are not doing what you should do that is when you are not getting the work.

“What I say to them is don’t believe it. By the time the producer, director, production manager or whoever insists on sleeping with you, it is very likely you will end up not getting the work.

“Some of the sad stories we hear is that because some people are so desperate, they end up getting passed around.”

Drawing an analogy with entrepreneurs, Silva said up and coming actresses should not compromise their dignity to get by.

“There is no need for that,” she said.

“As an entrepreneur, you go round looking for money and you are probably going to get several noes before you get your yes.

“It’s the same with audition. You must keep your dignity. Find something else to keep body and soul together.

“That is why you hear that abroad people wait tables or work in restaurants because they need something to keep body and soul together until that break happens.

“You should be proud as long as you are earning honest money. If possible train yourself in audition skills.”

She added that having more women in positions of power and authority in Nollywood could stem the tide.

“We need more women producers, more women scriptwriters and more women stories so that we can then absorb a lot of women in the industry,” she concluded.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

Video Of Governor Yahaya Bello Attending Aso Rock Meeting With Crutches

Yahaya Bello on crutches Yahaya Bello, the Kogi State Governor, on Tuesday attended a meeting at the presidential villa in Abuja

Yahaya Bello on crutches

Yahaya Bello, the Kogi State Governor, on Tuesday attended a meeting at the presidential villa in Abuja with crutches.

His spokesman, Kingsley Fanwo, had revealed how he sustained injury on his left foot and had his leg bandaged by doctors.

He said the incident happened while he was alighting from a vehicle.

“The Governor missed his footing last Friday March 30, 2018 while alighting from a vehicle and injured his left foot. He was treated by his doctors, who bandaged the leg and discharged him”, Fanwo said.

“We thank all the Governor’s supporters and well-wishers who reached us to inquire after his wellbeing. His Excellency is doing very well and will be at work as usual after the Easter holidays.

“Once again, the Governor sends his best wishes to Kogites for the Easter Season and beyond”.

Watch a video of Governor Bello in Aso Villa below:

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

Photos Of Buhari Meeting With Service Chiefs At The Villa

President Buhari with service chiefs today President Muhammadu Buhari cancelled the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting but met with Security

President Buhari with service chiefs today

President Muhammadu Buhari cancelled the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting but met with Security Chiefs at the Presidential Villa on Wednesday.

Among those at the Security meeting are Minister of Defence, Brig Gen Mansur Dan Ali; Chief of Defence Staff General Abayomi Olonosakin.

Buhari with Defence minister, Brig Gen Mansur Dan Ali; Chief of Defence Staff General Abayomi Olonosakin, Minister of Army, Lt General T.Y Buratai, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar

Others are Chief of Army Staff, Lt.- Gen. T.Y Buratai and Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

APC Executives, Governors Currently Meeting Over Party’s Congresses

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and its Governors are currently meeting at the

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and its Governors are currently meeting at the party’s headquarters in Abuja.

According to PREMIUM Times, the meeting is expected to discuss modalities for the party’s congresses and national convention to elect a new set of officials to run the affairs of the governing party.

It is a follow-up to the meeting held Tuesday and Wednesday between the governors and President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa over the president’s halt of the the extension of the tenure of members of the NWC and state branches by one year.

While Tuesday’s meeting between President Buhari and the governors deadlocked, with governors divided for and against the tenure elongation, a second meeting held by the governors alone led to a compromise.

They subsequently met with President Buhari on Wednesday morning and announced that they had all agreed to support his idea for fresh elections in line with the party’s and Nigerian constitution.

The tenure of the John Oyegun-led NEC is expected to end in June.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

Revealed: Ronaldo Scored An Even Better Goal In Training Before His Overhead Kick Against Juventus (Video)

Cristiano Ronaldo stunned the world with his overhead kick against Juventus last night – but the Real Madrid striker topped

Cristiano Ronaldo stunned the world with his overhead kick against Juventus last night – but the Real Madrid striker topped it in training before the match.

Ronaldo, 33, bagged Real Madrid’s first goal just three minutes into the Champions League quarter-final first leg. 

In doing so, he became the first player in the competition’s history to score in 10 consecutive games. 

But despite his second goal taking all the headlines, the former Manchester United star produced a real moment of magic in training before the game.

In the clip, filmed before Tuesday’s match, Ronaldo can be seen standing behind the goal-line as his team-mates take part in a practice drill.

He then picks up the ball and hoops it forward before it pitches just in front of the net. 

Incredibly, the ball then spins backwards and hits the back of the net.

Unsurprisingly, the footage has gone viral after Ronaldo’s heroics in Turin yesterday.

And it comes after an astonishing clip emerged showing Juventus fans sportingly applauding the forward’s strike. 

Even Zinedine Zidane, himself a master of scoring jaw-dropping goals, could not believe his eyes. 

Real went on to win the clash 3-0, leaving them with one foot in the semi-finals of the competition.

Few will bet against them securing an unprecedented third Champions League title in a row.

Watch the video below:

I Cannot Trade This For Anything – Popular Actor, Van Vicker Says As He Shows-off His Family (Photos)

Handsome Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker, has revealed to the world how much his family means to him as he took

Handsome Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker, has revealed to the world how much his family means to him as he took to his social media page to show-off his family.
 

Van Vicker and his family

Popular Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker, has revealed that the best thing to ever happen to him is his family, as he shared a photo of himself with his family over the weekend on his Instagram page.

The star actor took time to explain that he would not have thought of a family about 14 years ago but right now, they’re the best thing that ever happened to him.

He wrote; “This photograph was taken over the weekend. In my hands I couldn’t help but stare. Family is such a beautiful thing man. 14years ago my perspective was different.

 

“I can not trade this for anything, nothing is worth it. Family is everything. Reciprocate the love. Electrify the care. Cherish the bond. #theyounggodfather.”

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

Prince Lands In Hot Soup For Trafficking 23 People From Benue To Kwara

According to a Nigerian Tribune report, the Benue State Police Command has arrested a prince involved in alleged trafficking of

According to a Nigerian Tribune report, the Benue State Police Command has arrested a prince involved in alleged trafficking of 23 people from Buruku Local Government Area of the state to Kwara.

Disclosing this to newsmen in Makurdi on Wednesday, the State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said that the prince, Messenger Tar was caught while conveying the 23 people out of the state in an 18-seater bus belonging to the Benue State Transport Company known as Benue Links.

The police boss said that a team of policemen on routine patrol intercepted the vehicle on Easter Sunday around the Buruku area on suspicion that the victims who are between the ages of 45 and 12 were being transported illegally for trafficking purposes.

According to him, ‘investigation revealed that the victims were lured by the suspect on promises of providing them with jobs at Kiama in Kwara State but that they were actually going to be taken outside the country to Niger for exploitation’.

“The victims would be handed over to their parents/guardians while the suspected trafficker will face the law.

The suspect who spoke to newsmen after being paraded denied that he was trafficking the people for exploitation.

He explained that he had a restaurant in Kwara state and had wanted the two ladies among the alleged victims to work for him having settled their parents of the sum of N10, 000 monthly salary.

He added that the other victims were only going to join their relatives living in Kwara state.

In a related development, the commissioner of police said there was a clash between herdsmen and Agatu farmers but has been brought under control.

He said that since the incident happened on Thursday, last week, the command had been all out to operationalise its peace mechanism in the area so as to forestall break down of law and order while assuring that the culprits would be brought to book.

Owoseni further reiterated his call on all those in possession of illegal firearms to turn them into the police or else they would be dealt with soon when the police begin its raid on suspected illegal arms bearer in the state.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria